Ipad Holder

Ipad Holder
Ipad Holder

I have been making versions of an iPad holder. I have totally finished none of them so far! As for the pics remember this is  the first mock up so there are plenty of imperfections. In a mock up I am not so worried about mistakes with the router going to deep or things like that. This was a good chance to practice free hand techniques with my Colt size router that I normally always use with a straight edge or template. I have made three attempts at this and have still not come up with a design that I am comfortable with. My thinking on this is that I want it to be light but made out of wood and I want to have an area for the speakers to be redirected from facing down to forward. The first version is the best so far but the subsequent two are terrible. I am wondering to myself how I got so far off the mark when the first one was so close! The first one is picture here and the speaker redirection was very simple. Just a cavity and then holes drilled to let the sound escape. It works surprisingly well.  One mistake that I have made through this whole process is that I have been just winging it. I should have at least did a simple sketch an being the fan I am of Sketch Up I should have started there. I know the troubles I am having with the last iteration of the holder would have been noticed if I drew it first there in 3D. So thats what I am going to do! Wish me Luck!

Ipad Holder
Ipad Holder

Toys

Toys

Here are some simple toy cars and trucks I made for my four year old son. Very simple to make and I got the template from ToymakingPlans.com. I like the site but the plans seem rather expensive to me. The templates I downloaded are very simple and free. I think anyone could have drawn these without much trouble. You could really just take a picture of any car or truck and trace it. You can then figure out which items on those pics you would like to cut out or make small pieces to glue on. Not very difficult. I used my bandsaw for the out line then a disc sander to finish it up. I then used a scrollsaw for the windows.